Monday, June 28, 2010

Our Perfect Little 10

Hi! My name is Hailey Brooke Hadley. This is me-
And this is my story.....

I have to start by saying that I have a pretty silly Mommy; let me explain... Every time that someone would ask her if she was ready for me to come, she would respond that I could stay in as long as I wanted. Well, apparently, she changed her mind, because her and Daddy kept telling me to come out and whenever Mom would go to the Dr. and he would tell her that I was just as stuck as the week before, she would get a little upset. My due date came and went and the next week at the Dr. on Mon., he said that I could stay for a week extra, but then they would start doing lots of tests, so Mommy and Daddy decided that it was time for me to come out with a little help. Mommy went to the hospital Tues. night for a drug to help me come on my own, but she had told me to stay as long as I wanted, so I did. They broke my bubble at 8 am on Wed. to see if I would come then. I pretty much wanted to stay and didn't do much then either. After about 4 hours of waiting and nothing, Mommy gave up and got the pitocin. About 4 hours after that, everyone was convincing her that I wasn't in any hurry and since her water had been broken for 8 hours and still very little was happening, she needed an epidural to avoid a C-section. She didn't want that, so she tried an I.V. drug first, but it did nothing for her pain (or for me leaving my comfy home), so alas, she got an epidural at 6 pm, 10 hours after her water had broken and she wasn't even dialated to a 3 yet. After that, I couldn't hold my ground anymore and here I came! In a little over 5 hours, I was ready for launch! Dr. Leavitt came about 11:40 pm and started showing Daddy how he was going to catch me. After 35-40 min. Daddy got to catch me and he handed me off to Mommy. I was born June 17th at 12:19am.
See, I told you Daddy caught me-

Here you can see my cone head-

They weighed me and I don't know if you can see the screen, but it says I weigh 7 lbs. 13.8oz.-

I got measured. I came in at 20.5 inches-

Here I am again-

When the nurses were done poking me and messing with me in general, one said that I was the first baby she had ever given a 10 to on her test. I guess that's why they poked me, to see how I would do on that test and since I was so pink and all around healthy, I got a 10!

I think Daddy thinks I am beautiful!!


Mommy LOVES me LOTS!!


Grandma was there waiting the whole time and so was Wendy; I made her an Aunt!

This is my family (I think we were all tired)-


Daddy gave me my first bath-

That's my story!

Mommy likes this family picture better-

This is when Daddy got me ready to go home-

15 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Congrats on your cute little girl! Sorry to hear that your original plan didn't go as you had hoped but I'm glad you were flexible for your stubborn little girl! :) I didn't start dilating or anything either until after I got an epidural - some times there's really something to that relaxing! That great she got a 10! I think I've only given one a couple of times, she for sure is a special girl! Glad you are both healthy and doing well. Enjoy her while she's tiny and cuddly!

Jenkins Family said...

Welcome to the world, Hailey! What a beautiful baby - I think you look just like your mom.

A said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!!

tash said...

I loved out you blurred out the "bits" in that one pic. Hehehe. She's cute.

stevie kay said...

Welcome my wiggly Miss Hailey! We're all very glad you're here.

Richard and Carolyn said...

Congratulations.. she is very very beautiful!!!!

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is adorable, and reminds me of her mommy. Lots of joy and fun is in store for the two of you.
Debbie

Wendlelyn said...

Aww...I LOVE little Hailey!

Lyndsay said...

She is adorable. There is nothing like holding your newborn baby. Almost (ALMOST) makes me want another one!! Sorry she took such a long time coming!!

jeff and alli said...

So happy for you. Sounds like Hailey and you had different birth plans. :) I am so glad everything went smoothly and you have such a precious little girl to enjoy now. :)

Par 5 said...

Yep, she's as cute as can be!! Congratulations!! I hope everything is going well as you are adjusting to your new "normal" life!!

. said...

she is beautiful! can't wait to see her!d

Hills said...

That was me Emily on Angie's account woops!

Hills said...

so so cute!! Wow Lil' Hailey is a stinker! BUT i love her!

Abe n Linz said...

So adorable! I've been out of town and didn't check your blog for awhile. Congrats!
ps- you'll get more sleep eventually. Just hang in there!