He did it again:
Yup, that's right, Gunnar passed his second hunt test. He did even better this time, we weren't even worried about not getting a ribbon. He could have done a couple little things better, but not much, he did great! I was so proud!
Half way there:
So now he has two ribbons and only two left to get his Junior Title! He will be registered in at least two more tests in the next month, so if we cross our fingers real hard, maybe he can get his title soon!
"Princess Syndrome":
After last week, we took Lucy out 4 times and threw MANY ducks into the difficult brush and made her find them, out of at least 100 retrieves, she only did not find 1 and that one she looked for for almost a minute. She had it down! Well, repeat of last week . . . . . she was very ready, waited, released, ran around the decoys, back to where the duck was, caught a scent, put her nose down and not 3 seconds later, came haulin' back and sat right at Justin's side. What the ??? No idea what's going on, maybe she just gets stage fright, who knows!
We started talking to Lucy's sister's handler and she said that she does the same thing, sometimes even though she knows what she's doing, she'll just stop, and be like "huh, me I don't have to do that, I'm a Princess", she calls it Princess Syndrome. :) I guess the sisters just want to be alike, if one fails, so does the other!
So hard to find Good Help:
As we were driving home, we called Danny up (the one we got Lucy through) and he said he had just gotten a phone call from one of the others guys that had been at the test. The guy had a son that was working behind the first blind (throwing the ducks, etc.) His son told him, when all was said and done, that against warnings from the judges telling no one to bring cell phones into the blind that one other kid had brought his into that blind. He told Danny that as Lucy had gotten to the point where she was starting to hunt, the kid's phone went off and immediately she darted back to Justin right then. So, we will never know if it was all the people or the cell phone that made her not retrieve the duck. . . .
4 comments:
That is funny how she can do it, but sometimes doesn't. I think the cell phone is a good theory. Was this the test up in Boise?
p.s how is your mom doing?
She is doing well. I haven't heard any complaints from her in a while. But I am contantly worried about her bcuz she is STILL trying to find a job!! She can't find one she wants that will pay her enough to pay the bills and I am worried, but she seems to be fine. She gets to watch Alex and Sydney a lot! And I know that she enjoys that. :)
That's too funny. The princess syndrome...I think I get that sometimes! Haha! Just don't tell Jared about that term; he will use it on me all the time :P Training hunting dogs sounds like so much fun! Maybe we'll have to learn if Jared gets into hunting...which I think he will if he has more time and money next year. Any more work being done on your house?
Post a Comment