Thursday, May 8, 2008

3 in a row!!!

We went to another Hunt Test on May 3rd, Justin's Birthday!
Gunnar of course, did Perfectly! He does sooo well, he truly enjoys being a hunting lab!
Such big splashes, he has so much gusto, which makes Justin very proud! Grandpa Hadley even came to watch.
This time we tried something different and I handled Lucy. She did much better! She retrieved the first bird perfectly! We thought we had it in the bag, because she finally got over the stage fright. But lo and behold, I could not get her to settle down and focus on the next bird, I got her calm for one second and gave the ready signal to the Judge. They gave the signal, quacked, shot, and . . . . she looked away, NOOOO! and the bird dropped without her seeing it!!! She still tried to hunt it though! Unfortunately, she went back to the old fall and I wasn't savvy enough to get her to go the 50 yards to the left that she needed to. She tried, but just not quite enough. Oh well, now we know she can do it and we'll let the experienced trainer handle her next time. I think we'll come home with Lucy's 1st ribbon next time.

1 comment:

jeff and alli said...

Sounds like Gunnar is a pro and Lucy will get there some day.