Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Justin's Family Reunion

The 1st weekend in August is always Justin's Mom's side of the family's reunion (Was that enough posessives?).  This year was a SPECIAL TREAT because Justin's sister came! Yup, that's what I said, Justin's sister; he has 2 half-brothers and a half-sister. I have only mentioned Brad because he is the only one we keep in contact with. FB is a wonderful thing because of it's reuniting powers and that is where Char, short for Charmin, found Justin in the last month or two. They FBed, then phoned, then Char came for the reunion and they got to see each other for the first time in 16 1/2 years! Char hadn't been to a family reunion in a couple more years than that, so there was LOTS of catching up to do!
Everyone did lots of hanging out and EATING! Every year a different family is in charge and the family in charge this year did lots of cooking for 60+ people, holy cow, good job to them!! There was water for the kids and we even blew up a candy canon and a cantalope for fun! They made and raced pinewood derby cars too.

They had big pools, water guns and a slip n' slide for the kids and tiny pools for the little kids. They even ran warm water from the house into the pools!


EATING!     

The one car had a sparkler on it!

 Hailey had 2 favorite parts:
1- climbing in and out of all the chairs; kid chairs and the big ones; I think she feels like a "BIG GIRL" when she sits in the chairs.  :)
 2- These two dogs! She even walked one around, hahaa! Oops, she almost let it in the house.
This picture has 2 significances. See that porch there and where the little girl in blue is standing....Fri. night, Hailey walked out of the house behind me, I was taking a crying baby to her Mommy, and she fell off onto those rocks on her head! It was a horiffic moment for me!!! I was just handing the other child off when I noticed her starting to fall, I immediately reached for her and got there just after she hit, just in time for her to start screaming! We went to the front yard cuz she was so loud and I just held her. Two of the aunts and an uncle came out (lots of people saw it) followed by Justin, (I think he was kinda lost cuz he didn't see it). One of the aunts was a nurse and she checked Hailey out. Justin noticed that her head was dented! Then the nurse aunt sent him to get the Tylenol I had in her diaper bag, due to her molars, and she stopped crying already! She is SOOO TUFF; she only cried for about 3 minutes after a 2 foot fall onto river rock on her head! We thought she was going to have a massive goosegg for a week. But, the next day it was only a bruise! We love our little girl and she is SO ADVENTUROUS, so I know this will happen lots more! :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I charged my camera all up and never took ONE picture of Justin and his sister or of Hailey and her Aunt  during the few days she here and I regret that, so I am stealing the pic.s Char put on her FB page!

This is the pic. Char sent me, when I texted to check in (Yes, I am THAT Mom!). Hailey had just woken up from a nap, so they were cuddlin'.  :)

Another one of the silly things Hailey does. I love my silly girl! Thanks for catching this moment Char!

No comments: