Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Call her "Miss Triple Threat"

Hailey has had a busy 2 weeks and we only anticipate it getting a lot busier!

For the quick version, read only the bulleted parts.
The pictures aren't the best, but they are from the beginning of each skill. I will get better pic.s eventually.

1.) She sits up!
She's not an expert by any means, but a couple weeks ago she started being able to sit w/o falling for a few minutes!
She had been able to sit for 3-4 seconds or with just the tiniest support from your hand, but on Nov. 29th, I got a picture message, at work, of my baby, sitting and playing with toys and a caption that said, "She's sitting up."

2.) She almost crawls.
She has been scooting backwards for a couple weeks and turing in circles, but this last week, she is getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth and even hopping her legs (it's cute, you'd have to see it). She needs to figure out hands then feet and she'll be mobile!
I have made sure the last couple of days to send the Flip to Emily's house, cuz if I miss that, at least I can see her maiden voyage on video!


3.) She has a tooth!
Hailey has had a tooth right under the surface since she was 2 1/2 months old, but it had been perfectly content on the inside. I thought I even saw it make an appearance a little over a month ago, but then went to show it to Emily and it wasn't there??
So yesterday, while at work, I got a text message that said, "I know why lil miss Hailey has a runny nose." So, I made a return call to hear what I had expected. But it is so funny, with the sitting up and getting close to crawling, I just figured the tooth will just come later, she has too much on her plate right now and honestly, I hadn't seen it so strong lately.
(No picture; I can't see it for some reason, but you can definately feel the jagged little thing!)

I've decided after these recent events occuring at the babysitter's, Hailey will just have to call Emily, Mama Emily, cuz she gets to be there for it all! I am so grateful for technology! And if you can stay home with your baby most days until he/she walks, do!! I've worked/will work every day this week except tomorrow, so I'm taking it off and hope she chooses then to crawl for the first time or waits till Sat.!!

3 comments:

Emily Empey said...

aww i love that little girl!! haha Today when Miss Hailey saw you she had the most priceless face EVER!! It was sooo cute! She loves her Mommy!! and NO ONE can take that place! :) She can just call me AUNTIE EM! :) haha

jeff and alli said...

Fun stuff. I love this age, as they keep on learning new things all the time it seems.

I loved your comment about Rees not wearing shirts. He wears a shirt once in awhile, when he doesn't have pants. It seems to be one or the other. :)

tash said...

Here's to hoping she crawls for the first time tomorrow!!!