Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Guys' Weekend Away = Girls' Weekend At Home

Justin went with his Dad and a few other people up to Copper Basin the last weekend of August to go horseback riding up to Goat Lake and go fishing. Lightning got a good ride on him and Justin got to catch lots of fish. Justin took the camera, but he forgot to take any pictures, so you get pictures of what Hailey and I did with our GIRL TIME!!

We picked the "fruits" of our garden....

I scrapbooked for the 1st time in, I don't even remember, over the whole week.....
Friday morning I made some Banana Bread, yummy- it's my Grandma's recipe and it's the best. Then we went to the famous "Splash Park" in Rexburg that I hear about all the time, but have never seen and did you know that it is really called the SPRAY PARK?! My Mom took Alex and Sydney and we went along for the ride.....

They even have a Carousel.....

We took Hailey's swimsuit, but it was way too windy for me, so I wasn't puttin' her in the water, instead she sat in her bouncey chair (that I got at a yardsale the week before, for $5- it plays music and vibrates!- to keep at Grandma's house) and we made her a wind shelter and she was pretty happy chewing on her hands (she does that now, she loves them and makes lots of slobber with them).

Saturday, we cleaned our house, then finished making a tactile blanket for Hailey and had a bow making/chick flick night at Grandma's house.
Then, my girl weekend continued after Justin got home and I made a bow holder for Hailey's many bows. Emily gave me a cute one, but it has quickly filled up, so I made one of these hanging ones to put the clip type bows on.....

2 comments:

The Todd's Life said...

I loved hearing about your girl weekend. Hailey is growing. Cute bows. How fun.

jeff and alli said...

Sounds like a great weekend for all of you.

We need that recipe posted and more pictures of Hailey. ;)