Sunday, May 23, 2010

Culmination!!



Back in 2003 I graduated High School and went straight to college in the fall. After only one major change (from pre-med to education), I went straight through with no semesters off, etc. But somehow, here it is 7 years later (you've all heard those stories and this is a happy post) and finally I have GRADUATED COLLEGE!!! I am a COLLEGE GRADUATE; I have a Bachelor's Degree and I am pretty freakin' ecstatic about it! So is Justin!
I walked the stage on May 8th not knowing if I technically was done yet, having not recieved my passing score on my second praxis, so that was exciting, still having finished all my college classes, but I was still unsure. And then, a very happy day for me and my family was May 18th, I recieved my PASSING score on that darn French Praxis!! So, my graduation is official and I expect that a diploma is in the mail!! Now I can apply for my state teaching certification and continue looking for a job. (That is the difficult part with the statewide education budget issues.)
My degree is: A Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education with a major in French and a minor in History.
.....so if you hear of an open teaching job for this fall in any grade 6-12 that is History or French, please let me know.

9 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

Congratulations Kristin! That's a wonderful accomplishment! And just in time to have your baby!! :)

jeff and alli said...

Felicitations! C'est super. :)

You have so much to be proud about.

Kasi Lee said...

Kristin, HUGE congratulations to you! I am so impressed! So many life changes for you--graduation and a new addition to the family. It sounds like you are doing well--and you certainly deserve it!

Wendlelyn said...

I couldn't be more proud of you!!!

bar-b-ann said...

Yahoo.....I am so proud of you! I still wish I would have gone with college and graduated. Even though it was a lot of work (and seemed like forever) you will never regret it! love you mom

Emily Empey said...

WAHOO! congrats girly!

tash said...

I say it again, CONGRADULATIONS!! You know I'M jealous!!!!!!!

The Todd's Life said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Graduating from College is a big deal. I'm proud of you.

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

Sorry about being so behind on saying this, but we want to shout out, CONGRATULATIONS, KRISTIN, too.

Deb and Gary