Friday, February 12, 2010

Just a quick little note to say that we are kind of getting curious as to why Baby isn't kicking or punching Mommy yet??? (I'm 23 weeks and 2 days.) Justin is starting to get frusterated that he can't feel her at all! I feel a little bad for him, I thought by now, he could possibly feel her a tiny bit occasionally??? I feel those "butterfly" feelings I hear about, almost like when you go over a hill in your car, not quite a "rollercoaster butterfly" though (and she does wiggle or flip a bit, mostly at night), but no good kicks!!

6 comments:

Jenkins Family said...

just wait...soon enough she'll be giving you a good painful kick right in the ribs. :)

JoshandMegs said...

I wouldn't worry :) Though it's exciting to finally feel those kicks, it just happens at different time for everyone. to be honest sometimes I think those people that say they feel them WAY early on, are just anxious and somewhat imagining it. I'm sure you'll get them soon. And sometimes once you feel them for the first time, it might be a bit before you feel them again. It can take some time before you get some strong strong kicks. :)

Jon, Kristin, and the kiddos said...

I think it sort of took me a while before I felt like I could notice some really good kicks. But poor Jon, he could only feel Koen move a few times throughout the entire pregnancy. It seemed like every time I would have Jon try to feel him move, Koen would stop moving. Every baby is different, in and out of the womb. I'm sure he'll get to feel your little one before you know it though. ;)

jeff and alli said...

Rees didn't kick me, and at your stage I wasn't very good at recognizing when he was moving. And I know dads feel the baby a bit after mom starts feeling them.

This baby however does kick and has been for awhile so you might just have to wait and see. :)

Bekah and Lance said...

It'll happen when you're not waiting for her to do it.

Lyndsay said...

It's always later with your first pregnancy, so if that helps next time you'll feel that little bundle sooner. Has your doctor said anything about your placenta placement. Autumn was behind my placenta and I rarely felt her (that is up until she was HUGE, of course, towards the end). I don't think Brad even felt her until the last month. :(