Sunday, March 15, 2009

Girl's Camp in March?

Apparently! I am gonna be starting with the whole Girl's Camp thing very soon. Why? Becuz I was just called to be one of the Assisant Stake Camp Directors for G.C. this summer at Darby! I'm pretty excited! It's a good thing that I'm not in school this semester, the only thing I have to worry about is taking a whole week off of work this summer, I don't know how we will afford that!
I kinda knew this was coming, cuz 2 weeks ago one of Stake Y.W. councilors came to our ward, she pulled me aside and said that the Stake Y.W. was in need of help and that when I walked in (I am incapable of getting to church on time.) she knew why she was there. Then last week, the Stake Y.W. Pres. came and walked into Nursery and started talking to me (I think she was trying to remember who I was.).
Anyway, I love the Young Women and I love Girl's Camp! I didn't get to go a few of the years that I was in Young Women's bcuz I was at my Dad's or V-ball camp during those weeks, so looks like like I'll be having plenty of opportunities to make up for those years! :) I'm excited for this new calling! It will be fun and busy!

9 comments:

tash said...

Glad you're happy about it.

JoshandMegs said...

that will be so much fun Kristin! I hope one day I get to be a part of girls camp!

Jenkins Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! Girls camp is always a blast...(but maybe more exhausting for the leaders...) :)

Devin and Megan said...

You'll be great! I am so excited for you! We are in the nursery as well!

Patty and Jim Conan said...

OH MY! It's that picture I posted for your birthday. Jinks! oops Girls camp is tons of work but I always had fun with the girls. Not necessarily Bis Trent's hikes, but... I remember after the one hike (where the picture was taken) I swore I wouldn't go on another with out a GPS. So I got one for the next hike. It was fun. You will totally AWESOME as a camp leader!

jeff and alli said...

I think you will be great!

Emily Empey said...

THat Will be so fun!! I love Girls camp and I love DARBY!!!

The Dillons said...

That will be fun and you will be soooo good at it! I want to go with you! haha! Darby is a lot of fun

Lynette said...

That is awesome! I'm sure you'll be just the personality the girls need around camp. You are sweet and lively! I am so jealous! I miss girls camp!