Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Training Day in Emmett

Here are a few final pic.s of the last pups left of the littler.
We went to Boise for a 'Training Day', which is basically a practice Hunt Test. We stayed at Danny's house and I must comment: I hope that I can handle as many dogs as calmly as they do, but I hope to have a bit more separation between "my life" and our business. We left the last little ones with Danny, so that he could sell them for us.




We got to see Lucy's mom and brother at the training grounds.
Mom-Hank (Henrietta)

Brother -Redneck Ralph
Isn't this the funniest thing you ever saw?

Sisters-

Oh, BTW, Gunnar and Lucy were training for a Senior Test which will begin in April. They both did pretty well, at least we think they did well enough that we should be able to get them ready for the season. After hunting all duck season, the dogs get used to shorter retrieves, so we need to get them practiced back up for the long retrieves! And Sausha and Paul were kind enough to come and watch and support the pups! Thanks Sausha and Paul!!

**********************************************************

And this is "Chica", she was a stow-away, who ended up coming home with us. Justin says he will try to sell her for another week, but if she's not gone soon, then you can guess the result!!

So, if you have any great names for this pup, please leave a comment! (J has a name picked out, it's unusual, but fits her perfectly, although it wouldn't really work to yell out in public- I'll explain in a future post.)

5 comments:

tash said...

I thought maybe you'd have a new layout today, instead there are puppy pictures! The picture of the dog laying on it's back is hilarious...is that Lucy. I wish you luck selling the puppy...if not she looked like a Roxy to me.

Justin and Kristin said...

I LOVE ROXY!! Thanx!
Nope, that dog on its back is the little yellow pup.

tash said...

Many thanks to Kristin and Justin for inviting me out to see the hunt dog training workshop(is that what they call it?) That was definitely an interesting event. I don't think I could run that far and back with a dead duck in my mouth. ha ha ha.
From Paul

Patty and Jim Conan said...

Cinnamon, Ginger, "Stowy" "Secret" ha. I'm not good at naming animals. But I love the pictures! I thought I was in the wrong blog. The relaxed dog with tongue sticking out could win a prize!

Emily Empey said...

yea Roxy is cute!! Or what about the Lilly you wanted to name Lucy!? lily and Lucy! I think its cute!!