Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Grandpa

Franklin Hyde Flint
June 15th, 1911 - September 19th, 2008

Friday my Grandpa passed away at the ripe ole' age of 97. I think he just decided it was time. He lived a wonderful and pretty full life. He always made sure to take care of all of his family members, he didn't even retire until he was 87 years old, by choice, pretty amazing huh?! I will miss him very much because I spent a lot of time with my Grandparents, but I am SO glad that he is finally able to be reunited with my Grandma and his other family members. Besides my Mom and Dad's terms of endearment for me, he was the only person who gave me nicknames, I have NO idea where they came from, but I'll miss them and I'll miss buying him "peeps" at Easter time. He had funny taste, that's for sure!
Well, Grandpa, I'll say again what I said to you the last time I saw you, "I'll see you later." And I love you!

To all my friends, I would like to bear testimony of my very favorite part of our gospel; The Plan of Salvation. The knowledge that we will ALL have the opportunity to see each one of our family members again is such a comfort to me and provides me so much peace at times like this. I truly believe and know that Families are Forever! If we just try, truly put in an honest effort to be our best selves, we will be able to be eternally happy and whole with those we love.

5 comments:

stevie kay said...

Sounds like he lived a wonderful life. I hope you and your family will find a lot of comfort with his passing. Loves, Stevie

Patty and Jim Conan said...

Kristin, you kill me. That was so sweet it made me cry. You are awesome.

Joe and Savanna said...

That's crazy you were just saying how my great grandma and your grandpa were close to the same age. I'm kind of happy for both of them. I think I met your grandpa before and he was a great guy!

jeff and alli said...

Sorry that you will have to wait awhile to see your Grandpa, but happy he is with other family now.

Sandy said...

What an awesome tribute to your Granpa. I think Granpa's rock and it sounds like yours really did. I apprecite reading your testimony and I know just what you mean!! "See you later, and I love you."