Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Garden!

As you have seen, our garden is growing quickly. We are very proud of our two green thumbs! We have had tons of peas, a few strawberries (this is their 1st yr.), we get a couple a week, the carrots are almost big enough to pick, tons of tomotoes, but no red ones, a few ears of corn that are almost ready and a bunch more to come, the cucumbers have suddenly appeared out of no where and the pumpkins and squash are starting to grow. Oh, and everything has tasted good so far. :)

Peas make a yummy snack!
If you would like a cuc., you know where to find us.
I'm going to give the credit for the corn to Justin. After it didn't grow very well the first couple weeks, he planted a bunch more and now I think we'll have more than we'll ever eat.
The pumpinks are taking over the garden, the backyard almost!
Gunnar decided he couldn't wait any longer for the tomatoes, so he picked the first orange one. He's a naughty dog, we won't leave the electric fence unplugged anymore!

We're such good gardeners, we even grew a sunflower that we didn't even plant! We really have no idea where it came from, but it's cute!

4 comments:

Patty and Jim Conan said...

Kristin, I love you pictures and your garden is beautiful. I wish I had one. I have crapy dirt or should I say clay. Gunner is a smart dog if you ask me, and that carrot you are posing with looks huge! I'm proud of you!

JoshandMegs said...

that's great it's working so well! whenever we have a garden I will probably grow a million cucumbers! ha.

bar-b-ann said...

thanks for the cumcumbers and peas...they tasted awesome....i hope I get an ear of corn! how about a carrot too. My beans and tomato's are doing great, but the other stuff not so good....I guess you are going to have to let me in on your secret! Good Job you two!

jeff and alli said...

Wow, I am so jealous, what a big beautiful garden. Way to go. Our fridge is empty and your garden sounds like it would make the best dinner right now.