Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another visit with Lightning.

A good looking horse, with a good looking man!

I miss my horse, so we made a trip to go see him last Sunday. I really want to spend as much time as possible with him, so he trusts me (and therefore I don't have to be afraid of riding him, bcuz he gets spooked). This time, it was great, after fishing my way though the rest of the heard (they all follow you around), I made my way to him and he came right up to me. For those of you who don't know, when he was still with his mom, she taught him to run from people and last summer in this same pasture (he lives in a few different ones during the summer, till the grass there is all gone) Justin chased him up and down that field for 20 min. and they wanted nothing to do with us, so this makes for a much more pleasant trip. Anyway, we petted him, lifted his legs (you do this, so they get used to it for when you need to shoe them), stood by his backside (cuz they get nervous and don't like it when you're there), of course I took pictures, and Justin pretented like he was riding him (he put the riens on and then draped his arms over his back like if your legs were riding and then led him around).


He is a very pretty horse, but still not big enough to ride. We thought by the end of the summer, we could start getting that all figured out, but even though he's mostly patient with us, we either need to find a really small person who wants to (and knows how to) ride a green horse or wait till next year, when he's big enough for Justin to tempt his luck!


Lightning's got a great view every day!



Me being the "mommy" I tend to be, cuddling with an animal that could care less. But as you can see, he embraced my hug. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lightning is beautiful! His coloring is perfect and he looks good and healthy. What a fun horse for ya!

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

I had a horse as a teenager also named 'Lightning'. She was a quarter horse with 4 white stockings. She was a great horse, and we had lots of fun with her. If Gary and I were younger, I'd love to have a ranch.
Your Lightning looks like a beautiful horse.