Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day Celebration!



On the 4th of July, Justin went to Poky to be in the Inkom parade with his Dad. His Dad had his own float because he is running for re-election this November for his seat as County Commisioner. (So if you live in Bannock County, vote for Steve Hadley.) While I went to the parade here to watch Sydney on her singing float and Alex on his Taekwondo float and to see my Friend Emily and her baby Porter.
Then we had our 4th of July BBQ with some family and friends. Good times. Justin made some REALLY great ribs. After we ate, I busted out some water toys and Justin's step-nieces began a very wet water fight. Lucy joined in and the 3 of them played and played and played! Plus the dogs got left over hotdogs and hamburgers and rib bones. They want the 4th of July every day! And the weather wasn't as hot and terrible as we thought it would be, plus this year we had an A.C., so people could escape the heat when they wanted. And thanks to everyone who helped me clean up the BBQ, you were great!




These pic.s are of the girls and Lucy enjoying cooling off. Annie doing a backflip. Sam & Farley watching these two goons light firecrackers while waiting to walk to the river. Boys like to hear things go "BOOM!"




Finally, we all went to the river to watch the amazing fireworks. We took a little wagon with a cooler and the blankets, so we had watermelon and treats there. I thought the fireworks were great as always, but everybody else seemed to think they were REALLY GREAT bcuz they shook the ground and they (well at least the men) thought that was pretty cool! It was a long day, but a fun one!





We let Emily borrow Justin's shooting ear muffs, so the Booming fireworks wouldn't scare her
or hurt her little ears.




After the fireworks, the traffic was so bad (it's great that we live w/in walking distance) that while waiting for the traffic to clear, so guests could go home, we lit some of our own fireworks.

7 comments:

stevie kay said...

OH! This looks like so much fun! I'm so sorry I missed it!!!!

jeff and alli said...

That sounds like a perfect 4th of July. :) And I love the dessert you made. I love doing stuff like that. I wanted to do one this year, but it was hard to justify the time and cost when it would be just Jeff & I eating it. :)

Favs From My Kitchen to Yours!! said...

Hey Kristin! You guys look so cute and happy! I love your blog. It's a fun way to keep in touch. I'm glad you had a fun 4th. Tiffany

tash said...

I didn't realize Justin went to Poky to be in the parade. I thought he just went to go.

Sandy said...

Sounds like you had a great day with lots going on!!

Sandy said...

Wow, you had a full, fun day!! I love looking at your pictures.

Emily Empey said...

That looks fun! Sorry we missed the BBQ~ Emily looks adorable in the ear muffs!! so fun! i love the 4th!