Monday, January 31, 2011

My First Christmas

Apparently Christmas is a 2 day event in this family! On Christmas Eve, we went to Grandma's house with both of my aunts and my cousins, and G & G Hadley came too. I got to be 'Baby Jesus' for the nativity story and Alex was Joseph (Yep, Mary was MIA). I scooted around while everybody else played some games and I opened my very first present EVER! It was some jammies from Mommy and Daddy!

This is the outfit Grandma and Sausha got me last Christmas-
I may not know how to open presents, but I like bows!

All of us in our Christmas jammies- Christmas morning Mommy showed me a giant pink sock filled with baby food, (it is so much more fun than a bottle and plain mush all the time) a candy cane, YUM!, and baby tylenol (but I'm pretty brave and don't really use this for my new teeth). All this was sitting next to 2 more pairs of jammies, a book and a Jenny Jump Up. I guess I need to learn a little more about this Santa guy.
I opened a present from the Empeys and played with it while Mommy and Daddy opened some too. Then I opened one more and played with those two so much that my last present sat under the tree for another few days.
This was MY ornament this year-I only like this thing if Mommy or Daddy is around.Then, we went to Grandma's house. I got a bunch of new stuff that Daddy helped me open; it was a lot of work. I got a table that I love to stand up on and some bigger clothes, cuz I'm getting bigger and a bunch of new toys (my toy box is full now)!


Then, we went to G & G Hadley's house, I slept on the way there, but the day was so exciting I couldn't take any more naps, there was so much to look at! I got another outfit and some movies and a dancing, singing dog, who's pretty silly! Then everyone tried to eat without me.... I got some mashed potatoes!


Christmas was very exciting, but lots of work, it was exhausting!!

2 comments:

Emily Empey said...

ohhh Haileybabe! I am glad you had a WONDERFUL Christmas!!! She is so cute! That was a fun post!

jeff and alli said...

Very lucky girl! Sounds like a great first Christmas.

Kristin, how is your dad doing?