This morning Fireball had her 1st litter, fathered by Cougar. They are all yellow (or various shades thereof). There were 11; 10 healthy puppies and 1 stillborn little girl. We were surprised there were SO many, Justin guessed 8 and I had only guessed 6.
Fireball did a great job; we weren't here for the first 7 and she had them all huddled up in her kennel (not a very comfortable place if you ask me). I got the first group settled in with some blankets, took care of some stuff and watched number 8 come along what had to be 2-3 hours after the others had been born. I left (to get Hailey from Grandma, who had been gracious enough to watch her, cuz we thought Fire might have them while we were gone) and when Justin got home shortly after, there was #9. When I called an hour later to see how things were, he informed me that 2 more had joined the family.
Wow! Eleven puppies (10 who lived)! We don't mess around with small litters around here!!
-The Whole Crew- Now let's hope we can sell them all!!
1 comment:
Wow, I can't imagine how busy that must be. But oh so cute.
Post a Comment