Thursday, April 1, 2010

Projects

Ok, all of you who hate "picture perfect life" blogs, here's my sub-par blog. I CAN'T sew! Yup, pulling a piece of fabric through a sewing machine is too hard for me. Well, actually I just haven't had much experience; I have sewn two things in my life and both of those with help. I decided that one check on my "become a Molly Mormon" list should be SEWING, so last year for Christmas I asked for a sewing machine and Justin got me one that was simple enough I could use. So, I asked my Mom to teach me to sew on burp clothes. Here's my theory on those: If I screw it up, it's gonna get puked on anyway, so what better item to practice on!!?? So, my Mom has been gracious enough to work with me on it. I can do the basics, I think; I still goof up; I have a hard time going at an even pace, and when I had to re-thread the bobbin on my own, I did it manually, cuz I wasn't quite sure of the right direction to run it to do with the machine, BUT I made a bunch of burp clothes with my Mom's help and even a couple BY MYSELF!! (However, if you saw a close up of them, you would tell me not to try to sew again. :) I don't think I will ever sew clothing, but I can do simple stuff probably, so it kind of counts right?!
Anyway, here's what I made for my baby girl to puke on......
And then, my friend Emily taught me how to make BOWS!!! YAY, BOWS for my baby girl's head!! I'm super excited! I ended up buying all that is required to make bows (not that much) and have made a few on my own. (Again, I'm pretty slow, but hey, I can do it!)
So far, these are for our little one's hair.......

6 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Super cute! Looks like you did a great job!!

Jenkins Family said...

adorable bows! None of my sewing projects can hold up to close inspection...I'm too lazy to make them perfect!

bar-b-ann said...

Cute bows......

Emily Empey said...

WOW good job! you did great on both projects!!!!! Our baby girl is going to be so cute!

jeff and alli said...

Nice work, I'm impressed. I can't sew that well either, wish I could.

The Todd's Life said...

I think the sewing projects were great. You will find out that a sewing maching comes in handy for many things. I'm proud of you.