Today was 28 week appointment day-a.k.a. "yucky juice day." I found out that Baby's heart rate is in the 150s, good job for her! And also told them that she doesn't move SO much, but that she moves just enough that I know she's still in there. They decided that they would do an ultrasound.......and we got me in shortly after. The tech saw her move enough that she wasn't worried, but I had only felt one of those movements. She said that my placenta is in front, so, as the Dr. put it, it's like Baby has to punch through a pillow and that's why the movements aren't strong enough for me to feel. The tech decided to check the fluid levels, which should be between 10 and 20 and mine came out at 22. She said that that could be another part of the reason I don't feel her too much, cuz she has a bunch of fluid to move in. Not a concern, just something to watch. We also double checked that she's still a GIRL and she is!! When I came back to get my finger pricked, they told me they wanted to schedule another ultrasound in 4 weeks. So, the fact that I shouldn't be having any more ultrasounds, but am, makes me a little curious, but I'm sure it's just to check to make sure the fluid level doesn't get any higher.
Now, on to the "yucky juice"...... I don't know what everyone's problem is, but it doesn't taste bad AT ALL!! It tastes like juice!! So, all you people who terrify everyone about the "THE JUICE," shame on you! Everyone else, don't be afraid! And the best news......they didn't do a full blood test (everyone kept throwing around the term 'blood test' like it was no big thing), they did a finger prick! That's it, a finger prick! No needles, no $lab fees$, no waiting for results, you get to know in 45 sec.s! Guess what! I PASSED!! I needed less than 135 and got 115.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, all of our dogs got their eyes tested today. This is more difficult than it sounds; there is a Veterinary Optomistrist in Utah and one in Colorado (those are the closest). We had to either travel OR the one in CO comes here a couple times a year and this week is one of those times. All the dogs had 0 (zero) problems with their eyes and the Dr. even wrote "Novel Eyes" on ALL of their papers!! Yay doggies!!
7 comments:
I don't mind the juice, either. I know some people who barf it up before they can get tested...
I think that "yucky juice" is just a bit too sweet for me. Good luck though on passing and making it through the most dreaded of all the prenatal appts. :-)
As for me and I believe my sisters, none of us really found the juice to be horrid like people make it out to be either. It was a little sweet for my liking, but it wasn't "make me throw up" gross. It's funny to me how horrible women make some of these things out to be, scaring other women when they don't need to be. just enjoy the experience!! :)
yea the juice isnt bad! it is very sweet tho! My placenta was in front too! once i got in the last month though i could feel her alot! awww i miss being Pregnant!
I thought the juice tasted like uncarbonated orange soda. Then I had to have it a second time and it was carbonated, so then it tasted exactly like the soda to me.
Though I had to have an entire blood test. They never did just a finger prick for me and I had to wait until they called me the next day to learn the results. I guess each hospital does it differently.
My placenta was also in front. It bummed me out at first. But as time went on, I could fell Koen move more.
Amen to Meagan's words: "just enjoy the experience!!" No one's experience is the same, which I think makes it all even better!
The first one is tolerable I agree with you there. Lucky for you you didn't have to do the longer fasting one - that is the yucky one!! My blood sugar level was just slightly high so I had to do the longer one. Fasting for hours and drinking twice the concentration of sugar junk and having to wait at the doctors office for three hours is not as fun. That sugar drink really hit me on an empty stomach and I felt dizzy the whole time.
Ya, that doesn't sound fun Bekah!
Post a Comment