I've been going to update for a little while, but I have no time, so I figured I'll at least throw a little something on here for those of you who might be frusterated that I'm such a loser......
First thing is first, Lightning is alive and well! He had another appointment a week and a half ago, all was well. His skin was starting to grow back, and he's still on antibiotics. We have to take him in one more time this week. Last time was $70 and I'm sure this time will be the same, which would bring the grand total up OVER $700!!! There goes all that Paris money I saved..... :(
Next, Justin got kicked out of Nursery, uh I mean, he got a new calling!! Sadly, we won't get to spend Sundays together anymore, but I'm sure we'll get over it. He is now a councilor in the Young Men's Presidency!! He has, I think 4 young men (that's not quite as good as my 5 young women when I was in there), but the GREAT news is that 2 of them go on a regular basis on Sundays!! (I never had that in young women's.) He's only been in there for a week so far, so not sure much about it yet, except that he is the only leader who was active as a youth, so he should have some good ideas for them to do for activities. He said that the boys are split on wanting to do random meaningless stuff (my words) and scouting, hopefully he can get them to do some good scouting activities!!
And finally, I am no longer working at the Pharmacy as of this Friday. This was not planned, I had made arrangements to take a leave of absence for 6 weeks while I finished my student teaching, but when it came time to turn the paper work in, it was denied. I am NOT happy that I was told I would have a job for MONTHS when I was making sure it would fly, but I had a choice to quit or fail my student teaching when they denied my leave. I NEVER would be able to get my 70 page Teacher Work Sample done if I didn't have the weekends to work on it. As it is, I only have about 15 pages done and I've had 2 weekends to work on it!!
And a couple random notes...... I've been at Sportman's and Justin has been posting adds like crazy and we are finally down to 3 puppies! This is not good news! They need to be ALL GONE, they are 11 1/2 weeks old. Do you know anyone who wants a GREAT black lab for ONLY $250????
I have LESS than 1 month of student teaching left, YAY!! 2 weeks and a SIGNIFICANT weight will be lifted from me. My paper will be handed in and I will be done teaching and phasing out!!
4 comments:
I hope Justin likes his new calling, seems like something he would like. I hope you can sell all the puppies soon, if not you should donate them as service dogs. I think you can use them as tax write offs if you do.
Hey that's great for Justin! I hope he likes it! How exciting too that you are almost done student teaching...Light at the end of the tunnel! :) Good luck with your paper!
wow! you have been busy busy busy!!!
I need to talk to you more often, you have had a lot going one.....
Post a Comment