Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekend in the Woods

My family went on our annual camping trip a couple weeks ago. We stayed close bcuz some of us could only go for certain days. We went to Yellowstone, floated the river and played with the dogs in the water, fished, played games, and tried to stay out of the sun!


One of the fish Justin caught-

-Paul "caught" a fish too. He was fly fishing and when the fish bit, he pulled to set the hook. It was a little too hard, cuz out came the line with nothing attached to the fly. You notice I said nothing attached to the fly.......bcuz also, with the line, out came flying, a little fish too. He landed in the bushes and I went and got him and showed Paul his fish, then we put him back in the river. It was hilarious!!

The MINUTE the kids arrived, they began playing in the DIRT!


The Yellowstone Canyon-
(Elk)
Alex's FAVORITE--Dragon's Mouth-
A couple of us hiked to Natural Bridge, something I had never seen after my numerous trips to Yellowstone.

I don't think I had ever seen this before either.....





Gibbons Falls-
Then, the FUNNIEST thing we saw, was the buffalo that GROWLED at us!! He was sticking his tougue out and making a new noise for any of us, we decided that he didn't want us looking at him, he wanted to eat in peace!

4 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

that's a really great picture of the canyon!

tash said...

Where's the video of the buffalo...we were wanting to see it. TOO FUNNY. And your Camping blog is WAY more interesting then mine. I must not have been feeling too wordy the day I blogged!

jeff and alli said...

That looks so beautiful and peaceful. Jeff and I need to go camping and relax after we move. (but we probably won't :( )

The Todd's Life said...

It sounds like your life is busy. That was a great story about Paul catching the fish.
So glad to hear that you like your furniture from Grandma.
Aunt Diane