Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Silver

This is Silver. His owner is one of our pharmacy customers. Silver is his service dog, there's just one thing different, he's not a dog, he's a WOLF! 100% wolf! He bought him from a breeder who breeds them to release into the wild. He has had him since he was 3 weeks old and raised him with his dogs, so he would act like a dog and not a wolf. (He has been fixed, that was a rule.) And he has been trained like a service dog. I feel a bit bad for this gentleman becuz he can't go 5 feet without getting stopped. One interesting fact about wolves that I did not know.....their coats change contstantly throughout their lives, but only the hairs on the tip of their tail stay the same, whether that be brown, black, gray, white or SILVER......hence this beautiful boy's name!



I like to call him my buddy! I love to pet him and I LOVE his name!!

4 comments:

tash said...

Hmmm...I don't know if I'd get that close to the fangs of a wolf...trained or not. Look at that lady who's friends Chimp ripped her face off. He was trained too...hmmm. He is pretty though.

jeff and alli said...

I could see it being a bit scary seeing a wolf walk in a store. :) He is beautiful.

bar-b-ann said...

I think I saw this dog (wolf) He is beautiful. I thought when I saw him that he looked like a wolf not a dog. If it is the same, he is a big animal....

Justin and Kristin said...

I will tell ya that the first time I petted him, I was cautious. But he's SOO used to it! He deals with people all day every day! One time a little girl tried petting him and he made a noise, so I got a bit nervous, but he was just saying, "I'm tired, I wanna go home now." He had been at the Farmer's Market all morning!