Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Memorial Weekend-

Before the official holiday weekend started, Justin's cousin, Megan and her family came to town and we got to spend the evening with them. This is adorable Emily. She's so funny, she has picked this habit up from her Mom, who is pregnant and re-adjusts her back when she stands up, Emily thinks that's the cool way to stand now.

Emily was very excited to see the "goggies," but they were so excited to see her that they were a bit scary. Once she warmed up to them, she decided that Cougar needed a pillow to lay on and tried to help him lay on them. He kept moving, so she gave up and decided that she would just lay down with him. Oh, we miss you guys, come visit more often or maybe we'll just have to make a trip to Washington.!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Saturday Fire's sister, Bella came to visit her. They LOVE to play with each other!!

Then Justin and I went to the farmer's market and wandered around. In the afternoon we went to a few of my family's graves. In the evening we did some needed dog training and then came home and watched "Paul Blart: Mall Cop," it was pretty funny.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Apparently Sat. night our neighbor left her water on all night long, cuz Sunday morning half of our backyard was flooded. It must have been worse than we thought, cuz when Justin got home from church and went to let the puppies out of their kennel, this is what he found.....A GIANT MUD HOLE!!!

In the afternoon, I finally got around to planting my flower beds. I think they are bright and beautiful!

Sunday evening we did some more dog training and then Sam and Farlee came to hang out. Saturday was Farlee's Birthday, so we celebrated by eating more Junk that anyone should eat in a week! We also played the Wii.
All the dogs played while we played and they were tuckered out. I just had to post this pic, cuz she is Precious!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Monday we went to the ZOO!! It was a PERFECT day!! Justin and I enjoyed it thoroughly! I wanted to take this little monkey home!
But he really liked Justin! He came right up to pose for him!

These things are wierd, they look like a cross between a rabbit and a deer!
Kangaroos-
This guy (or girl) was HUGE!
The peguins in their summer environment-
They tried to trick us and say they had Pandas, but it was only this 'Red Panda'. He's kinda cute.



I've never seen a peacock with his tail feathers extended in real life!! It looked heavy!

Then, after the zoo, we went to some of Justin's family's graves.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It was a great weekend, not only becuz we didn't have to work for 3 days straight, but becuz it was the first time in a long time Justin and I got to spend a significant amount of time together!

10 comments:

Devin and Megan said...

Hey we are sorry we couldn't have spent more time with y'all! We love and miss you all! Love the pics. They are cute!

jeff and alli said...

Wow, you guys really did a lot and used your 3 days well.

I think that Emily girl is so cute, I love her with her hand on her back. Adorable.

I hope the flooding issue isn't too big of a hassle.

Love all the pictures, and now Rees is saying the dogs are his and wants them. :)

bar-b-ann said...

I love all your pictures, but I feel so bad for the muddy dogs!

Justin and Kristin said...

Rees can come play with the dogs too!!! I'd be willing to get a black eye for him too! (I was holding Fireball, cuz she wouldn't hold still for Emily to pet her, but she wouldn't hold still for me either and smacked her head into my face.)

Emily Empey said...

how fun! I just got all caught up on your blog! I mised a lot! haha Its fun to look at pics!

tash said...

You're zoo is so much better then ours.

Patty and Jim Conan said...

FUN FUN FUN, Poor pups in the muddy kennel. What does your neighbor say! Is it the same one that spies on you?

Unknown said...

Kristin, it was great to hear from you! You look like you are happy. Life has been so good for us. Jay and I both graduated from BYU. He is currently looking for a job in Construction Management, so if you hear anything, let me know. I stay at home with Lucy and take care of an elderly man who lives upstairs. I am so glad you found our blog! Take care and keep in touch!

Sandy said...

Your "goggies" are so pretty and Emily a doll too. I totally get the hand on the hip stand.

The Todd's Life said...

I loved the picture of little Emily imitating her mom - so cute.
Glad to hear that you had a good holiday weekend.
Aunt Diane