Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Girls' Weekend!

This past weekend Wendy, my Mom and I went to visit Sausha and hang out in Boise. I had fun! We didn't do particularly anything, just hung out really. Sausha has a canal behind her place where some geese live and we enjoyed watching the little gosslings.
We got to try the new Brazilian restaurant, Tucano's and "Ohhhh YUMMY!," I was pretty much in Love! It wasn't nearly as good as being in Brasil by any means, but it was the closest I'd been in almost 5 1/2 years, so I was a happy camper! :) I got to eat TONZ of Pao de Queijo and drink Guarana!
Then we went to a very well-stocked scrapbooking store, where I spent too much money, but that's what vacations are for, right?! For dinner we ate outside at the Cheesecake Factory because the weather was so pleasant!
Sat. we just shopped around and we got to go to the mall (yay!) where I got 2 pencil skirts perfect for Student Teaching this fall! Then I went to visit my cousin and her sweet little girl! Abigail LOVED chewing on Wendy's watch! She also showed us that she can crawl and make adorable faces.
For dinner, we ate at a Drive-in 50's Diner, which was featured on the Food Network shortly before. This was the part I thought was great....... a menu FOR DOGS! (Plus I was kinda missin' my pups after this long away from home.)
After dinner, we went on a drive through a neighborhood with cool houses, which led us to a couple houses my family used to live in (a long time ago). We saw the house that Wendy was born in (not litterally) and then the house that I was just a month old in, shown below (the house I was born in was too far away, so this was the next best thing).
Another great thing about the trip was my arrival home. I arrived to this beautifully blossomed tree and this gorgeous boquet of freshly bloomed tulips!!

4 comments:

jeff and alli said...

What a fun trip. It is so nice to get together with moms and sisters.

Have you been to Brazil?

I've never seen a restaurant with a dog menu before! Did people have pets with them?

JoshandMegs said...

What drive in was that?
It was really fun seeing you and Wendy. Good times and good laughs! I'm glad you guys came over.
You gotta send me those pictures of Abigail. I love that one. She's so funny.
We just went to Tucanos for our Anniversary but I didn't try that drink you showed...I think I will need to next time...I'm curious about it.

Justin and Kristin said...

I went to Brasil over Christmas/New Years '03-'04. I went to visit our old exchange student and his family! (Only because they were kind enough to arrange everything.) That drink is a pop, but it's pretty sweet, I guess, I dunno, but most people either LOVE it or don't like it at all!
That was the Westside Drive-In, I'm pretty sure. Nope, nobody that night had any pets with them.

tash said...

The picture out my window turned out pretty well. Yes it's the West Side Drive In on State Street. Mom and I had just seen it on Diner, Drive-ins and Dives on Food Network and decided to go.