Finally, 10 months later, our ward found a use for us. It's a team calling again, which we LOVE!
You guessed it, NURSERY!! We are Nursery workers along with 2 other great ladies, they are very good at it! It is so organized! We have been there for a couple weeks now and it's not too bad. The kids are, for the most part, well behaved. I've been impressed with some of them. And they are ALL so terribly CUTE!! They are very young, so most of them don't say ANY words! I was scared for that, but they seem to communicate well! There is about 10 of them, but usually 7 each week. We play a lot, go to singing time for 10 min., and have a 5 min. lesson.
It should be really great for our ADD, we don't have to worry about being able to hold still in Sunday School anymore. Hahahaa! :)
Here is our manual:
8 comments:
Fun.
Nursery.....been there, done that. We liked it but it was exhausting. I liked making all the props for the songs. They all all went on a flannel board so the kids really liked singing time because they could help put up the next thing. Some of my favorites, were "Wheels on the Bus" "Along come Mr. Alligator" "Old McDonald" "5 Little Speckled Frogs"
Sometimes I wondered if they just put us in there to teach us to be parents so we would have a couple babies.
HAA! That's exactly why we think they put us in there!!
I LOVE THE LTITLE OF THIS POST. Seriously, this calling may make you want kids more. You will learn to love these special little kids. Some of my best experiences have been with the kids that I started teaching in the Nursery and also taught for the next 2 years in Primary.
Rick & I have had this calling twice together. I've had this calling twice by myself. (I've been in Primary most of my married life in one capacity or another.)
Aunt Diane
How Fun!! I totally know what you mean by "A new form of birth control." haha. Oh man, I remember when we had that calling. Good times. You can't help but laugh at the things those kids say. I have to share one:
We were talking about being appreciative of animals God created. We asked them what their favorite animal was and one little BOY raised his hand and said "Tinker Bell!"
Hey congrats, callings are important. Our nursery is awesome and I think part of their success is due to consistency. The kids respond so well to it. Good luck!
Haa, Lynette, that is the funniest story!! Thanks for sharing! It's too bad the only thing my kids say is, "mommy" and "mine".
Oh man I'm so jealous!! I found your blog through Megan Egbert! I would just be happy to get something different than RS teacher! That's what I've been for like the past 5 YEARS!
I'd love to get nursery though... we could all use a little more birth control ;)
Post a Comment