Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Family Photo--Take 2

We'll I told you we would try again for a less sunny family photo, and this time it was less sunny, but......

My mom was kind enough to be our photographer this time around. This time Justin thought we should take one of the dogs' bumpers, to keep their attention on the camera. So, my Mom tried to take the pic.s and wave the "birdie" for the "children." It may have been a good idea, but it was not the best idea, here was the result.........
Enough said!

Okay, really we got a couple decent pic.s, but after Gunnar took off after the bumper, because he was sick and tired of waiting, I was left with MAJOR grass and foliage stains. We kept up the photo shoot, with me leaning in for the rest of the pic.s to hide the evidence that I had been drug across the grass. Oh, BTW, this pic. wasn't the only time Gunnar took off, leaving me in a "difficult" situation. We were taking pic.s by the river and some birds flew in; I almost went in the water that time!! Luckily, I'm about 2% stronger than Gunnar, just barely enough to have kept him out of the water and to have kept my Mom and Justin from wetting themselves from laughter! Oh that tree I grabbed hold of helped too. :)
Now, you may be thinking, "Why didn't Justin just hold Gunnar, since you are obviously too weak?" Well, if you knew me very well, that question would be self explanitory: I was wearing white, Justin black. Gunnar is black, Lucy (yellow) white. The photo had to be offset, by holding the opposite colored dog or it would have been unbalanced! You see!? I just need to lift weights before any other photo shoots or make sure there are no ducks nearby (or maybe we'll just wear something different)!!
(See, we let Justin hold Gunnar eventually.)

And of course when we were all done, Gunnar was just as calm as could be and laid right down in his kennel.

7 comments:

tash said...

Ok Mom told me about this after it happened, but seeing the picture is HILARIOUS!!!!

JoshandMegs said...

I think they turned out great:)
Pretty area. Is that at a park?

Patty and Jim Conan said...

That was a good one. I love the funny stuff you write. The picture said it all. Happy Times, you're an awesome little family.

jeff and alli said...

I like the pictures with the dogs, I think it looks great.

Justin and Kristin said...

Well, it's kind of a park, it is, but it's hidden in the middle or town, where you really wouldn't think to go unless you knew about it.

Wendlelyn said...

I'm glad you're my sister cause you always make me smile!

Devin and Megan said...

That is hillarious! I was laughing so hard. Is that near the Zoo? We really miss you guys. I will call you soon! Love y'all