On Friday the 13th, I found out that I wouldn't be able to go watch Lucy get her title the following day bcuz Wendy called to tell me that she wouldn't be able to work for me that day bcuz she was in the hospital waiting to see what was going to happen to Sydney. Her stomach hurt her sooo bad, she couldn't move or be touched. They thought that maybe her appendix was bursting. So they gave her an emergency appendectomy. When they got in there, there was nothing wrong with her appendix, instead her abdomen was full of puss. From where, they couldn't tell. They removed the appendix anyway. So, they cleaned her up and sewed her up. They watched her in the hospital for a couple of days and she got better. After she went home, she had to be on IVs and was sore and grumpy from surgery, but she got better. They don't really know for sure what happened. All we know is that at 5 years old, that was Syd's 4th surgery, not to mention the tubes she had in her ears that required a couple of hospital stays also. Poor little girl, hopefully one day her immune system will recover and she will be all healthy again.

Her hand looks broken, it's not. . . she will just pull out the IV, so they cover it all up with her.

The good news is, she got 3 stuffed animals out of the deal!
6 comments:
I hope things get better for her. It's too bad that she's had to be in the hospital so many times at such a young age. she's a strong little girl.
I like all your pictures. I haven't seen Alex at Takwando (sp) for a while, looks like he is doing great! mom
Poor girl, that is rough. I hope whatever was causing all that puss is gone. Tell Wendy, I think her daughter is beautiful. :) Oh did Lucy still go compete for her title?
Poor little Syd. Those pics are sooo sad :( She recoverys quickly though :)
Sorry to hear about Syd. I hadn't heard much at work so it was good to read your blog and find out a little more.
Yah, Lucy still went to MT to compete, Justin took her and she passed and that is when she Titled!!
Post a Comment